NOPTIC App Software, released 2/07/2023 to accommodate Win11 update.
System Requirements: Win 7, 10 or 11, 32 or 64 bit
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q) Will the software on the website work with my Noptic Unit? The Software is designed for the latest Noptic System Version 3 (NV3). It will not work with the older Noptic Systems (~pre 2014). The software from the link above needs to be used with a simple Mini USB-B to USB-A cord.
Q) Why do I need a new USB cord for the new software?
The Startech dongles are no longer available from the supplier. These RCA (Analog) to USB (Digital) adapters had a tendency to fail, so we designed a new NOPTIC interface to simplify the installation.
Q) I get a .DLL error when I launch the Noptic software?
This is an easy fix! The drivers weren’t installed correctly, follow these steps to fix the problem!
- Close the application and unplug the USB cable.
- Make sure that the NOPTIC camera has power (i.e. does it click?).
- Plug the USB into the laptop.
- Open “Device Manager”
- Right click on “NOPTIC Spotlight” –> Update Driver…
- Select “Automatic”
- Wait a little bit. Windows may take ~60seconds to locate and download the correct driver.
- After Windows says “Done”, you need to unplug and replug the USB cable one more time.
- Now, restart the program. No computer restarts are required.
Q) Which Thermal Camera Version Do I Have? NV1 (1st Generation) or NV3 (latest, 3rd Generation)?
NV 3 Camera NV 1 Camera