NOPTIC Drivers Software
System Requirements: Win 7 or 10, 32 or 64 bit
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q) Will the software on the website work with my Noptic Unit? The Software is designed for the latest Noptic System Version 3 (NV3). It will not work with the older Noptic Systems (~pre 2014). The software from the link above needs to be used with a simple Mini USB-B to USB-A cord.
Q) Why do I need a new USB cord for the new software?
The Startech dongles are no longer available from the supplier. These RCA (Analog) to USB (Digital) adapters had a tendency to fail, so we designed a new NOPTIC interface to simplify the installation.
Q) I get a .DLL error when I launch the Noptic software?
This is an easy fix! The drivers weren’t installed correctly, follow these steps to fix the problem!
- Close the application and unplug the USB cable.
- Make sure that the NOPTIC camera has power (i.e. does it click?).
- Plug the USB into the laptop.
- Open “Device Manager”
- Right click on “NOPTIC Spotlight” –> Update Driver…
- Select “Automatic”
- Wait a little bit. Windows may take ~60seconds to locate and download the correct driver.
- After Windows says “Done”, you need to unplug and replug the USB cable one more time.
- Now, restart the program. No computer restarts are required.
Q) Which Thermal Camera Version Do I Have? NV1 (1st Generation) or NV3 (latest, 3rd Generation)?
NV 3 Camera NV 1 Camera